Friday, September 23, 2016

Academic Shoot



This picture represents Simplicity because the glasses are the main focus and is the object that stands out from the background. Although this picture shows Simplicity, I feel like the background blends with the glasses too much. Therefore, I should have put the glasses in a brighter background or reposition the angle from which I took the picture.



This picture shows the Rule of Thirds because I aligned and focused my subject to the right of the picture. The girl is the subject who brings the viewer's attention.



This photo I captured shows Leading Lines because the frames from the windows capture the viewer's eye to another point on the image. In this case, the two students are the main focus and is brought out from the dark lines.



From all the pictures I took, I think this is the closet I could get to show Balance. If this girl, the subject, had her left arm at the same level as her right arm and her belongs were a little more centered, the picture would have represented Balance a little better. However, the picture is that if we were to split this photograph in half, both sides would be almost identical. There is one line on each side of her, her shirt color and pattern are split evenly, and for the most part, her belongings are centered. All of these factors represent Balance.



This picture represents Framing because the viewer's focus is on the framed subject, in this case, the boy is the main focus. The bright background makes the boy stand out from the dark, blue shirt.



Avoiding Mergers in photography occurs when a background object is directly in front or behind a subject. It can cause the background object to distract from the main focus of the photograph. In this photograph, the frames from the windows are the background objects that made the boy (our subject) look like there is a pole (we know is a frame from the window) coming out from his head. However, I completely did the opposite of what the term meant. I did not avoid the merger. Instead, I should have positioned his head to be in between one of the windows making him stand out more from the green background and not making him blend in with his surroundings (the black framed windows).

1 comment:

  1. I really like how you angled the camera for your balance and simplicity shots, and your ideas for the photos such as your leading lines and simplicity shots.

    ReplyDelete