Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Mural Project and Great Black and White Photographers Part 3

MURAL PROJECT

1. I think the school could use some more color. As a freshman, I felt that the school looked very bleak the first day of school. It look like a jail and the colors in the halls made me feel overwhelmed and imprisoned. Therefore, I think acquiring photographs of people in different, exciting occasions such as homecoming, prom, etc., and hang those pictures on the hallways could brighten people's aspect of Bowie High School.
2. Well, as far as I know, Bowie has an Instagram account which is a great way to notify students of up coming events or post photos of people who went to the events and had a great time. Therefore, I think all people can participate to brighten up the school a bit. People from yearbook, photojournalism, commercial photography, etc., can use professional cameras to capture people having fun in different occasions, but also ordinary students who do not have classes such as the ones mentioned above. Students can send pictures to Bowie's Instagram account so that Bowie can post them on Instagram or the school can even acquire these fun, appropriate photos and put them on poster boards or banners and hang them along the walls.
3. As I mentioned before, the school felt very unwelcoming the first day of school because there was no color along the walls or columns. So, I think it would be a great idea to hang pictures of the students in different occasions along the hallways and TV screens to show everyone Bowie is an exciting place to be.

GREAT BLACK AND WHITE PHOTOGRAPHERS

1. When I looked at Robert Doisneau's photos, the streets and the candid people are what caught my attention. I liked where he took the pictures and the way he positioned his photographs. It was easy to identify the subject(s).

Image result for robert doisneau photography




2. I see kids running around in the streets having the time of their life. I can see organization in the towns and in the streets. I see little skirts, slacks, and hats in style.
I smell smoke from cigarettes that is expanding around the air, emitted by elderly people. The smell of wine, warm bread, fresh cookies, and more, escape the restaurants located along the street and fill the air with happiness and satisfaction. Of course people are attracted by the smell, and once they enter the restaurant, coffee, candy, and other bakery products fulfill their surroundings.
I hear bells from the bikes "ringing," kids screaming and laughing, running across the streets, and the engines from old automobiles "roar". Smooth winds surpass the towns making your hair slightly lift. Mens' shoes and women's heels fill the streets as they are on their way to work or running to the store.
I taste the wine served from the small stores that are long the streets. The wind slams against your mouth when you run around and bike with friends, making your mouth a little dry. The variety of foods from the local bakery is satisfying.
I feel the wind hitting against my face as I bike with my friends. I grip the handles from the bike and push the peddles harder, so that I could feel the wind hitting against even harder. Peace and satisfaction overwhelm me, knowing that I am with my friends and in a beautiful, organized town.

3. I would like to make a powerpoint showing many of Doisneau's amazing street photographs. I think it is a great way to get to know the style of photography he was passionate about, the different composition rules he accomplished, and his life style.

No comments:

Post a Comment