Friday, October 7, 2016

Africa and Abandoned Theme Parks

AFRICA

1. I enjoyed reading the article and looking at the pictures. At first, I thought the pictures were fake they looked so unreal and in focus. Most photographers take photos of running animals or something in action. However, the pictures he took were in focus and positioned carefully. Also, I admire his patience he had to take the perfect picture such as the lion. I could tell he had put a lot of effort and time to snap the perfect photograph.
2. This is my favorite picture taken by Nick Brandt:


3. I like this photo because he captured it just as a breeze picked up, making the lions mane rise a little. As a result, the lion looks fierce and strong. Also, I liked the way he framed the subject (lion). No extra space was shown.
4. Since the background is somewhat blurred and the lion is the one in focus, I think this photograph represents the composition rule Framing. The photograph made the viewer's focus on the framed subject (lion).
5. Brandt photographs using film on a Pentax 67 camera with modified lens. Apparently the lens create a soft focus therefore he had to physically move as close to the animal in order to get the perfect shot with the perfect distance and space.
6. Brandt's reason for taking photographs is to capture  the animals in their natural habitats.
7. Brandt's goal is to stop the rampant poaching issue in East Africa and to preserve their habitats by taking photographs of them.
8. A quote from Brandt about Africa, "There is also something deeply, emotionally stirring and affecting about the plains of Africa--those vast, green rolling plains punctuated by graphically perfect acacia trees under the huge skies."


ABANDONED THEME PARKS

1. I would be interested to go to Greenland, Hobara, Japan's abandoned park. What captured my eye was the "rustic, vintage" look. I feel like I can take multiple photographs in different areas and positions. Another reason why I like it is because it is so big and has a lot of space. For example, there is one big, white rollercoaster surrounded by green trees. I think you can take many beautiful shots of the rollercoaster with the trees included. As I mentioned above, I believe the rustic look makes the photographs look more real and historical.
2. This photo shows the rustic look that I like from the park.


3. Five other unusual places I think would be interesting to take pictures of ranches, barns, railroads, little shops or stores, abandoned towns, historic schoolhouses, and street photography.
4.


5. Now a days, you will hardly find towns similar to the picture above. However, there are abandoned towns all over the world. I think there is so much to document in abandoned towns such as little stores or restaurants that used to exist, the rustic walls, old posters, or signs, old lamp posts or street signs, and more. I like the vintage and rustic look. Therefore, I think visiting abandoned or old towns is a nice place to take photographs if you have my kind of taste.
6. In order for me to take the pictures at locations similar to the picture above, I would need a camera, maybe a podium, and different lenses. The thing is I will need money for gas because it is not easy to find and drive to abandoned towns. Therefore, I would have to do some research and decide on a specific town and from there calculate the distance and expenses.

No comments:

Post a Comment