Monday, February 20, 2017

Website Review

I looked at the website that was called Lens. At first I predicted that the stories were not going to be well written or were not going to be interesting to read. However my prediction was incorrect. The intention of the website is to share updated information that is occurring around the world on a daily bases. People can read articles not only from where they live, but get a "dose" of events that occur all around the world. The stories were not only intriguing to read, but the photographs were well captioned which was good for me to read since I have trouble thinking and creating captions for my own photographs. I also really enjoyed viewing the photographs because the angles the were taken in were unique and each photo was in a different position or "point of view." By viewing the variety of photographs, individuals can obtain ideas for how to position their own photographs. It is also very easy for one to find an article that will interest them. Therefore in my opinion, I would save this website to my bookmarks because from what I have read there are many interesting articles to read and I think this website is a good source for one to obtain information if they are interested in learning about other countries other than the one they currently live in. As I mentioned above, I would recommend this website to others only if they are interested in reading and retrieving information about current events that occur all over the world as well as viewing the well taken photographs related to the article.

I would rate this website a five out of a scale of five because not only are the stories and captions well written, but they engage the reader and include well taken photographs related to the article.




This is one of my favorite photographs from an article on the Lens website. The article talks about saving shelter dogs in Miami. It was written on February 16, 2017 by Evelyn Nieves. The article talks about how the dogs are experiencing depression because they are captivated. It also describes the space limitations they have. Although this article is very sad, it encourages individuals to adopt a dog in need than buy one from a store or simply volunteering at a shelter and show affection towards the dogs. This photo shows a pit bull named King, that made it out of the shelter. I like this photograph so much because of how the dog is in focus. I chose to share this picture on my blog because I like the perspective in which is was taken and the composition rules that is seen such as balance and frame. Not only is the picture well taken and very clear, but the message of the article is inspiring to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment