Thursday, January 5, 2017

Welcome Back!

A street artist performs his show on Urdaneta Ave., in Caracas, Venezuela, on June 6, 2016.

I think this picture is unique and pretty because the street artist is in focus and is in an interesting position which in my opinion makes the picture exciting and different. I also like the black and white effect on the picture.



This is one of my favorite pictures to look at and admire because of the pinkish water and has a hopeful story behind it.



I especially like this picture because olympic athlete, Usain Bolt of Jamaica, turns to his competitors and smiles. He runs the race as if it were easy because the others look like they are out of breath. I also like the quality of the photo, all the subjects are in focus while the background is blurred.


1. One of my favorite songs of 2016 was In The Name Of Love. I was quickly drawn to this song because of the variation of instruments used such as the piano, bass, and guitar. Bebe Rexha's voice is unique and different. Therefore, I enjoyed listening to this song very much. It is also one of those songs that constantly stick to your mind. This song is probably this most-heard song for me. Overall, the artists really polished the song and it is very well known as well.

In the Name of Love - Martin Garrix & Bebe Rexha Cover Art

2. Jason Bourne was one of my favorite movies in 2016. The movie is about Bourne and how he is being hunted by the CIA. The action that occurs in the movie is intense and keeps you on your feet. I heard that the main character, Jason Bourne, says a total of twenty-six lines. Therefore, this must mean that there was a lot of action going on. It is interesting to see how Bourne escapes from difficult circumstances and meanwhile acts calm. I love action movies and this was one of my favorites of the series.


3. The most important and shocking news of 2016 was the U.S. Presidential Election. In my opinion both Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump were not the best candidates. It was a stressful and surprising election for many. Personally, I think it is very embarrassing how far our world has come. The world is just so messed up and day by day getting worse. So, hopefully this years president can grow up and be a leader because the nation really needs one and needs a change. 


4. From a list of people, I think Simone Biles was one of my favorite people in 2016. She competed in the Rio De Janeiro Olympics and performed really well. She earned four gold medals and one bronze medal. Of course during some of her performances she made mistakes. However, her determination to keep her head high and move on, was inspiring to me and many others. She did not let any obstacles pull her down and ruin her career. 


5. Laurie Hernandez is one of my favorite athlete of 2016. It was our first American hispanic gymnast that competed in the Rio De Janeiro Olympics and was one of the youngest athletes in the 2016 U.S. Olympic Team. She is inspiring to me because even though millions of people are watching her performance, she continues to perform with confidence and manages to put a smile on her face. Her success is very encouraging to many and to me. She sets an example to others to do your best in everything and never give up when you think there is no light at the end of the tunnel.




1. This Christmas I went to California for a week, but it was the best week of the year. I visited so many places such as downtown LA, Seal Beach and Crescent Bay Beach, hiked on the mountains that were covered in snow, and hiked at Palm Springs (desert area). However, this trip reminded me that life is super short and that we should do our hardest to admire the world and have fun.
2. My resolutions for 2017 are to manage my time better with the homework and the use of devices and do even better on finals at the end of the year.
3. What I am looking forward to in 2017 is making new friends and to my birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment