Friday, December 2, 2016

Deadlines, ARGGH!!

http://wonderopolis.org/wonder/why-are-they-called-deadlines

1. The origins of the word deadline referred to lines that don't move which was used during the Civil War.
2. If you miss your deadline your work may not be graded or you it can really affect your final grade or receive a bad grade for the assignment.
3. So far, I haven't had issues meeting deadlines for my classes or turning in assignments. I do not like to procrastinate.
4. I don't miss deadlines for any of my classes.
5. It was hard for me to finish the Top 100 Photos of all Time assignment because I wanted to edit my portraits and self-portraits photographs because I don't have the editing app at home. So I ended up finishing the other assignment from home.
6. In order to complete my assignment fast and diligently, I will put away any distractions such as my phone.

https://bigfuture.collegeboard.org/get-started/inside-the-classroom/8-ways-to-take-control-of-your-time

1. Out of the eight suggestions from the website, I think not getting sidetracked would help me be more efficient.
2. The hardest suggestion to accomplish would be not getting sidetracked.
3. I am a morning person.
3A. Since I am more productive at night, it causes me to feel tired and droopy in the mornings.
4. I can create a dedicated study time for myself by putting away any distractions such as my phone.
5. Three things I could do to eliminate from distractions are putting away my phone, my computer, and not watching a lot of TV.

https://bigfuture.collegeboard.org/get-started/inside-the-classroom/take-control-of-homework

1. If I manage my time wisely, I can finish my homework and projects faster.
2. My ideal study setting is the dining room table because there is enough light and it's quiet.
3. The biggest distraction from preventing me to finish my homework is my phone - specially Instagram.
4. Three things I could do to help myself with those distractions are giving my phone to my mother/father, limit my time on my phone, and allowing myself to watch TV only when I am finished with all my homework.

No comments:

Post a Comment